You might have heard of the 5 love languages. If you haven’t, it refers to the different ways different people give and receive love, and was conceptualised by Dr. Gary Chapman, a well-known marriage counsellor and director of marriage seminars.
Extremely helpful in promoting the expression of love between couples, the same can be applied to your pets, especially if you have a cat or dog! So without further ado, here are some presents to surprise your pet with according to their love language — they’ll definitely fall further in ruff (love) with you.
Love Language 1: Physical Touch
Source: Paul Stollery on Unsplash
If your pet’s love language is physical touch, it should be a huge fan of cuddles, snuggles, and belly rubs! It will also brush up against you and lean on you often, and the best way to warm its heart is to give it a good long massage and scratches around the ears, face, and back.
We recommend grooming gloves, massagers, and the like, such as these:
– CattyMan’s Pet Roller Massager ($7.30) | Shop here
– DoggyMan’s Pet Roller Massager ($7.30) | Shop here
– Earthbath’s Cat Green Tea Fragrance Wipes Earth ($22) | Shop here
– Earthbath’s Dog Hypo-Allergenic Wipes ($22) | Shop here
– Forbis’ Baby Powder Aloe Perfume & Conditioner ($19.90) | Shop here
– Mikki’s Rubber Glove ($16.50) | Shop here
Love Language 2: Quality Time
Hands up if your pet follows you around all day!
Is your pet a “velcro” pet? Does it follow you everywhere around the house, including the toilet? If so, then its love language is most probably none other than quality time.
To reciprocate its affection in a way that it will appreciate most, the best gift you can give is the gift of time! Strengthen your bond and create memories with your furry friend through play and grooming with these items:
– CattyMan’s Jareneko Helicopter Toy | Shop here
– CattyMan’s Baby Mouse Toy ($4.60) | Shop here
– Ferplast’s Cat Toy Electronic Predator ($69.30) | Shop here
– Ferplast’s Dandy Cushion 45 ($31.30) | Shop here
– FuzzYard’s Chocolate Almond Milk Plush Toy ($20.00) | Shop here
– Gex’s OSOTO Roller (U.P. $227.00, Now $113.50) | Shop here
Love Language 3: Words of Affirmation
Source: Jae Park on Unsplash
For pets whose love language is words of affirmation, they will often show their love and affection for you vocally. Think happy meows, purrs, and barks! These pets also feel happiest when they hear praise from you, so make sure to shower them with plenty of verbal praises in a chirpy, high-pitched voice whenever they’ve completed a trick or followed a command.
You can’t miss out the tasty treats too when rewarding them during training, so stock up on these delicious snacks:
– AIXIA’s Miaw Miaw Creamy with Scallop ($3.37) | Shop here
– AIXIA’s Cat Mom Tuna ($5.24) | Shop here
– CattyMan’s Chicken Shavings ($4.50) | Shop here
– CattyMan’s Lickable Lollipop DIY Set ($8.90) | Shop here
– CattyMan’s Obushi Pure Japanese Bonito Flakes ($7.50) | Shop here
– CattyMan’s Seafood Set for Cat ($7.00) | Shop here
– DoggyMan’s Lickable Lollipop DIY Set ($8.90) | Shop here
– DoggyMan’s Silky Chicken Stick ($7.20) | Shop here
– DoggyMan’s Soft Chicken Chips ($2.50) | Shop here
– DoggyMan’s Wavy Sweet Potato ($9.90) | Shop here
– Marujyo & Uefuku Cat Cod Treats ($2.70) | Shop here
Love Language 4: Acts of Service
Does your dog bring you your slippers instead of chewing on them? You probably have a dog who expresses its love through acts of service!
Some pets are naturally more protective and affectionate than others. Besides making great therapy pets, they also are likely to have acts of service as their love language, and you can often witness them excel in agility courses, complete fanciful tricks effortlessly, and maybe even help their hoomans run errands, like fetching the newspaper or throwing out the trash.
For pets like these, it’s only right to give back what you have received. They make our lives that much easier and comfortable, so likewise, improve their quality of life with these nifty gadgets and products!
– Bioion’s Pets Pounce Sanitizer – Sakura ($8.00) | Shop here
– GEX’s Pet PC Copan for Cat ($47.50) | Shop here
– GEX’s Pet PC Copan for Dog ($47.50) | Shop here
– OUT! Stain & Odor Remover ($19.90) | Shop here
Love Language 5: Receiving Gifts
Cats and dogs whose love language is receiving gifts are very easy to identify. Simply observe if your pet often brings you “presents” to comfort you, or just to make your day a little brighter! These can come in the form of a dead insect (it looks disgusting, but it’s a prized possession in your furry friend’s eyes) or a favourite toy covered in slobber (it’s full of saliva, but it’s also full of love and sincerity).
To show these pets that you love them just as much, return the favour with plenty of stylish accessories like these that’ll have them looking and feeling dapper:
– CattyMan’s Stylish Collars ($6.90) | Shop here
– FuzzYard’s Bow Tie (Flying High) ($12 – $13) | Shop here
– FuzzYard’s Extradonutstrial Collar ($20 – $34) | Shop here
– FuzzYard’s Step-In Dog Harness ($34.90 – $51) | Shop here
The sweetest Valentine’s Day deals with FREE delivery above $10!
Our pets deserve to be pampered 24/7, 365 days a year, but if there’s ever a time to really indulge them, it’s now, with Valentine’s Day right around the corner.
Depending on its love language, find the most suitable Valentine’s Day gift or two on our Clubpets E-Store to show just how much you ruff and knead your pet without any extra cost for orders above $10*!
To view more Valentine’s Day gifts for your special companion in life, head here.
*Orders from the same vendor of more than $10 will be eligible for free delivery island-wide.